Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back to School

I have some personal news to share. I got married on July 9, 2010 and this is my last semester.

My new marriage is wonderful, a new adventure if you will. He is someone that I can discuss my work with and get very interesting feedback. His perspective on marketing and advertising is refreshing. Unlike the old adage that things don't sell themselves, he approaches all purchases with research and technical specifications. I have seen that most who work in marketing or advertising do not like to feel that they are affected by it in their personal lives, but he includes the marketing efforts in his evaluation of the product. He is a new breed of consumer and allows me to explore new facets of the marketing and advertising industry. What do consumers actually think about us, as an industry? Do they understand the difference between the complete marketing mix and advertising? All of these questions and more, we discuss with fervor, in addition to our love of politics and sciences.

As for my last semester, I feel accomplished, excited, nervous. I will finally be in the real world as it were.  It took me five and a half years, but it was worth it. The knowledge learned, the experience gained, the little piece of paper I will have in my hand.  I will not be walking. Everybody has been asking me why. It is because I am not done with school. I have fulfilled my original goal of a Bachelor's, however I have also decided that I will go for my Master's Degree, probably in Integrated Marketing Communications or in Web Development/IT. In addition, I wish to obtain my doctorate in Marketing Research. I have so many questions that are not answered by current studies, there addition of new consumers types to the mix, and also it would allow me to study for the rest of my career, to continue learning, to continue my growth and understanding of people and the world around me.

There is always so much to learn, read, and experience. Another adventure always awaits my eager curiousity.


0 comments:

Post a Comment